From the Office of City of Mason - John Palacio
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) have been closely working together with numerous state health agencies to provide the public with educational materials on how to stay safe with regard to COVID-19.
At this time, there is no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, however, there are precautionary measures that will help to minimize or even avoid the contraction of the coronavirus:
- Frequently wash hands with soap for a duration of at least 20 seconds
- Cover mouth with a clean tissue or inside of elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if flu-like symptoms are present, as well as, drink plenty of fluids
- Visit local clinic as necessary
For more information about the prevention and treatment programs, please visit the Center of Disease Control website or the Texas Department of State Health Services website.
It is critical that we avoid panic! Please continue to check this website for local updates, should there be a need for Mason County and City of Mason to take further action.